Secrets Of A Film Festival

Over the coming weeks I expect to have a bunch of new things to share, but in the meantime I thought it might be fun to check out some of my older work.

 
Way back in 2007 I began providing pen & ink illustrations for a new film blog Good is the New Bad, and the image above depicting Clive Owen from Children of Men is the first one I did. Working with pen & ink is an interesting departure from my usual painted work. Things such as line weight and the use of negative space can carry a greater impact, for instance. It's so easy to go overboard with the linework as well, which can kill an image. I found the hardest part is knowing when to stop. I did quite a few of these illustrations over a two year period. Overall I had a lot of fun working on them.

I've added eight of these ink drawings to my Found Myself gallery, which are all available for purchase. Below are a few more examples.



Like I said earlier there's some cool stuff coming up, so check back soon.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Secrets Of A Film Festival